LSFF 2020 Submissions
Now Open Closed
The dates are already in the diary for London Short Film Festival to return for its 17th edition, parking up for our traditional ten days across the capital with an eclectic offering of short cinema’s finest.
In 2019, we lit up the big screens of the Institute of Contemporary Arts, BFI Southbank, Curzon Soho, Regent St Cinema, Rich Mix and Dalston’s historic Rio, adding the famously underground Horse Hospital to our roster for an overhauled industry week of panels and workshops.
As always, we’re proud to welcome both UK and international submissions. This year, we screened 500+ films carefully curated from over 3200 submissions, and our industry esteemed In Competition programmes featured 50 exceptional UK and international short films awarded prizes by a British Council-sponsored international jury.
All submitted films are eligible for LSFF’s Competition programmes. You will be notified by email after submissions close if your film has been selected to play in Competition.
RULES & REGS:
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept spec submissions. Only entries received via FilmFreeway will be considered.
We are a BAFTA affiliated festival, enabling accepted UK filmmakers to apply for the 2020 BAFTAs. Please check current BAFTA award guidelines for full details.
Submissions are open to short films from every genre - we accept drama, comedy, horror & sci-fi, documentary, experimental, animation, music, viral and low-budget work (see info on lo-budget submissions in side bar). All submissions are fully considered and curated by our programming team.
Entries are now closed to both the UK and international filmmakers based outside the UK, with two separate tiers of submission, broken down as follows:
1st Feb - 22nd April
UK: $22.50 Gold Members: $18
International: $25 Gold Members: $20
23rd April - 1st July
UK: $30 Gold Members: $24
International: $35 Gold Members: $28
2nd July - 19th August
UK: $45 Gold Members: $36
International: $45 Gold Members: $36
Lo-budget/under 5 minutes
UK: $10 Gold Members: $8
International: $15 Gold Members: $12
- All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries without subtitles, or supplementary printed translations, will unfortunately be disqualified.
- Films must have been completed after 1st January 2018, though LSFF does not require any premiere status.
- Films must be no longer than 45 minutes.
- Only completed entries with paid submission fees will be processed and considered for screening.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
- Only completed films may be submitted and will be considered.
- Should your film be selected, you will be required to provide a Quicktime ProRes file and a DCP of your film.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of entries received, LSFF cannot give individual feedback on submissions.