Festival Producer – London Short Film Festival 2020
London Short Film Festival are seeking to recruit a confident and experienced Festival Producer who will become an integral part of the close-knit and dynamic LSFF team. The Festival Producer will lead and manage all aspects of festival production for LSFF 2020, which takes place across London from 10th-19th January 2020.
Freelance fixed term contract: mid August 2019 – mid Feb 2020, 6 month contract, 4 days per week, 30k pro rata
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter (no more than 1 page) highlighting how your experience, skills and personal qualities fit the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 31st July 2019. Initial interviews w/c 5th August.
Immediate start preferred
- • Ensuring smooth running of all festival elements, as the key contact for LSFF 2020 production and management
- • Coordination and management of festival systems including using Google Drive, Box, Film Freeway
- • Compiling and distributing schedules and planning documents to all staff
- • Production support for programmers – sourcing contacts, rights
- • Maintaining a detailed timeline and ensuring deadlines are met
- • Assisting with LSFF & Venue website admin and set up
- • Coordination of all elements of the festival, ensuring smooth preparation and running of LSFF 2020 at multiple venues
- • Overseeing brochure delivery processes and deadline
- • Diversity and feedback recording & monitoring & Compiling overall festival feedback from audiences, staff and partners
- • Managing staff; Volunteers Co-ordinator, Live Events Producer, Programmers
- • Assisting with development of funding applications, and taking responsibility for specific outcomes
- • Overseeing full team programming meetings and documenting progress and action points
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
- • Experience of working on festival/s in a production role essential
- • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- • Experience of coordinating complex management systems
- • Able to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- • Effective line management experience
- • Excellent communication skills in person, and over telephone and email
- • Experience of writing and researching funding applications and reports (Desired)
Detailed Job Description:
- • Working alongside Festival Directors, build sustainability of the festival by developing and sustaining partnerships and sponsors.
- • Ensure all partnerships are maintained and partners are satisfied.
- • Assist with securing Awards sponsors
- • Oversee delivery of 2020 festival, ensuring all departments are working to a high standard to provide an excellent experience for audiences, filmmakers, partners, sponsors and volunteers.
- • Manage seasonal festival team – lead on recruitment of volunteer coordinator, live events producer and further roles tbc.
- • Monitor team members overall workload and ensure all staff are on schedule.
- • Oversee volunteer recruitment and training.
- • Organise weekly meetings + agenda.
- • Special events ticketing – setup partnership with third party ticketing site.
- • Manage relationships with venues – ensuring that they have all materials needed in good time, and that events are clearly managed.
- • Ensure Venues are secured and ticket prices set – coordinate migration of film programmes over to venue websites.
- • Ensure all team members are aware of deadlines and milestones as set out in festival timeline.
- • Coordinate hospitality for Festival guests including Jury, invited filmmakers and special guests.
- • Liaise with venues & technical delivery teams
- • Ensure programmers meet specified deadlines.
- • Review New Shorts – setup reviewer meetings and ensure reviewers are hitting targets.
- • Consult on programming: Inc. structure of the programme, New Shorts programme review, Special events, Documentary, Animation and Industry strands.
- • LSFF Special events – ensure that all are signed off on time, and make sure they adhere to budget.
- • Input to discussion of Jury members and coordinate jury hospitality.
- • Coordinate timely delivery of brochure – sticking to dates specified on timeline so brochure is ready for distribution alongside programme launch.
- • Work closely with Marketing Manger & Marketing Assistant to oversee all copy writing, images and content are prepared for the Designer
- • Liaise with brochure printer about delivery, final proofs etc.
- • Ensure that partners have signed off on and are happy with brochure before sending to print.
- • Strategise brochure distribution – planning where Brochures should go to maximise impact.
- • Manage overall brochure deadlines
- • Co-ordinate correct information in the pull out brochure schedule to deliver to Designer
- • Support marketing department as necessary – proof reading, discussing strategy, assisting with chasing up partners on copy deadlines etc
- • Act as key contact for all venues, managing copy deadlines, stock delivery etc
- • Work closely with Festival Director to schedule all festival events across multiple venues, taking into account possible programme clashes, staff availability, jury attendance, special guest attendance etc
- • Oversee all festival events ensuring all parties (inc. sponsors, special guests, venues, audiences + staff) are satisfied and events run smoothly.
- • Ensure volunteers are properly managed and have a good experience working with the festival
- • Organise mid-festival catch-up meeting to discuss first weekend + trouble shoot any problems
- • Ensure Audience feedback forms are properly distributed and filled in among audiences in all venues.
- • Collect wrap-reports from all staff and collate points to create agenda for de-brief meeting.
- • Ensure all sponsors and all involved with LSFF are properly thanked
- • Collate audience feedback into one document
- • Collate box office figures and feedback
- • Assist with reporting for funders and sponsors